Hi everyone! Happy hump day! I was tagged recently by the lovely Emma Meade, author of Under The Desert Moon for the Next Big Thing Blog Hop. Thank you Emma! The NBT Blog Hop is where authors spotlight their current work in progress. All they have to do is answer the following questions and tag more amazing writers to join the hop.
1. What is the working title of your book?
The working title of my book is Divine Warrior.
2. Where did the idea for the book come from?
The idea came from my love of Greek Mythology. I wanted to somehow incorporate a paranormal romance story with the gods and goddesses of ancient mythology.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I’m not real sure on this yet, as the characters are still developing. I have their background info ingrained, however, my characters always seem to progress in personality as I write and I’m in the very beginnings of the writing stage on this project. If I had to pick one that I base my main character Ries on, it would be Chris Hemsworth, but it’s more of a sense of him than the actual person, if you know what I mean.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Ries, a descendent of Aries & Aphrodite, is sent to Earth on a mission to find out what the Gods of the Underworld are after there, but the unexpected love of a mortal woman changes everything he’s after. (Yeah, or something like that LOL)
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
7. How long did it take you to finish the first draft of your project?
The first draft is still in the works, but expected to be done by June of 2013 (with crossed fingers).
8. What other books would you compare this story to in your genre?
Not really sure yet. We’ll see how it comes out. But it’ll be a series of stand-alone paranormal romance books of different Descendents’ stories. The series is called Descended Divinity.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this story?
My love of Greek mythology and paranormal romance. Also when I threw my ideas at my best friend and author, Loni Flowers, she said I should run with it
10. What else about your book may pique readers’ interest?
Sticking with my love of strong, alpha males, Ries is turning out to be a real bad ass so far. So, if you like hot, alpha males, this may interest you. The leading female character also has a great spunkiness to her, which sets the mood up in the book to be very charged, witty, and sexy.
So that’s it for my latest WIP, Divine Warrior. It’s truly in its infancy right now, so there’s not much more I can add at the moment. I had a blast with this blog hop! I hope the following amazing writers/authors do as well: